Der Photonics21 Innovation Award richted sich an Masterstudenten, Doktoranden und junge Unternehmern, die mit ihrer Idee über eine Unternehmensgründung in der Photonik nachdenken. Der Gewinner des Wettbewerbs erhält ein Preisgeld über 5.000 €, ein Unternehmenstraining und Kontakte zu VCs.
Die vollständige Ankündigung in Englischer Sprache finden Sie hier:
Any person active in the field of optics and photonics, may apply for the "Photonics21 Innovation Award". Photonics21 established this dedicated Innovation Challenge to push for more entrepreneurship in photonics.
It addresses PhD students, master students, young entrepreneurs, and makers alike who have an idea for a photonics product that can transform into a real business or product. This idea can be already described in a Master or PhD thesis or in a business plan or the like. Download also the contest announcement for more information.
The contest consists of a cash prize of €5,000, an entrepreneurial skills training, and contact with Venture Capitalists.
Applicants should read carefully the rules for the Photonics21 Innovation award.
The conditions for eligibility are:
- You have a product idea
- Or you have a product to be developed further
- The idea/product has potential for application in industry
- The idea/product is innovative
- The idea/product is presented in English
- Submissions may be entered by individuals or teams
The applicants must submit the following material which serve as the criteria by which the work will be judged
- Make a short, less than 2 minutes, video that demonstrates the uniqueness of your idea and the added value it will have for integrators or end-users. Be creative and keep your message clear. Do not hesitate to use visuals or simulation to present your idea, prototype or product.
- Upload the video on www.photonics21.org in the application form at www.photonics21.org
- Send in a description of your idea/product not exceeding 4 A4 sides (12point font) making clear the
• Nature of innovation
• Potential impact to industry
• Next steps to market
- Fill the application form at www.photonics21.org
Further details of the rules and conditions are given here.
The material must be received by the Photonics21 Secretariat by the closing date of 2nd May 2022 @23:59 GMT